Posted on June 11, 2015
Today, Facebook has launched a new feature to their advertisements called “local awareness”. Since we see it as a good opportunity for healthcare clinics, we decided to replace today’s scheduled blog post with an introduction to this feature so that you can be among the first to take advantage.
Previously, advertisements on Facebook would feature an image, some text, and a link to your website. The goal was to attract their attention with the ad, send the potential client to your website, and then from your website encourage them to book an appointment.
Today’s announcement – the addition of a “Call Now” button to your Facebook ads - allows potential new clients to call you directly from Facebook. This makes it even easier for them to book an appointment with you!
We think this is something worth adding to your marketing budget, so have created a simple step-by-step guide to try it out:
- Go to your business’ Facebook page.
- In the top right corner click “Promote” and then “Promote Your Local Business”.
- Write your headline, text, and select an image for you ad.
- Select “Call Now” as your call-to-action.
- Enter your phone number.
The next step is to target your ad to your audience:
- Select an appropriate radius to target (1 or 3 miles is appropriate for most businesses since you want to target only people that are close to you).
- Select the age range you’d like to target.
- Select if you’d like to target to men, women, or both.
- Select your daily budget (we recommend at least $10 to start)
- Select your duration – how long you’d like to run the ad for.
Once your ad is up and running you can see the results right on your Page in the Notifications panel. For more information on this new feature, visit https://www.facebook.com/business/a/local-awareness-call-now.